Your student must set up their parent/guest as an Authorized Payor with access to the UNL E-Payment System secure site. You will receive an email with the login information needed.
How does a student create an Authorized Payor account for a parent or other user in the UNL E-Payment System?
Log in to MyRED. Select the blue “Pay Bill” link to go to the UNL E-Payment System welcome page. Students can add and manage Authorized Payors on that page. For complete instructions go to: Setting Up an Authorized Payor
How does a parent/guest know they have been set up as an Authorized Payor?
They will receive an email containing their Authorized Payor login name, a temporary password, and link to the UNL E-Payment System website.
Login and change the temporary password to one you will remember. Create a “security question” to use if you forget your password and need to reset it. Your student may also reset your password.
Where does a parent/guest (who is set up as an Authorized Payor) pay on a UNL student account?
Log in to the UNL E-Payment System
What IS an Authorized Payor?
An Authorized Payor is a parent or other individual a student sets up for access to the UNL E-Payment System. An Authorized Payor can make payment electronically from a regular checking or savings account in a US bank. They can also make payment by credit card (2.75% convenience fee applies).
Students can set up multiple Authorized Payors for access to this website.
Authorized Payors can view their payment activity and saved payment accounts. Authorized Payors cannot view MyRED using the UNL E-Payment System login, and they cannot view other Authorized Payors’ or the student’s saved payment accounts.
What is NOT an Authorized Payor?
- A Third Party such as a business, embassy, government agency, etc. which gives UNL Student Accounts permission to bill them directly for all or a portion of a student’s charges. Do not set up as an Authorized Payor; go to: Sponsor (Third Party) Billing
- A UNL Department sponsoring a student for all or a portion of a student’s charges. Do not set up an Authorized Payor; go to: Agreement to Fund Tuition and/or Fee by a UNL Department
How does a student reset an Authorized Payor’s password?
Log in to MyRED. Select the blue “Pay Bill” link to go to the UNL E-Payment System welcome page. Click “Edit” next to the name in the Authorized Payors section. Click “Reset Password”. Click “Continue” to change the password.
An email is sent to alert the Authorized Payor the password was changed and notify them of a new temporary password to access the account. PLEASE NOTE: Any saved ‘Payment Methods’ are not retained if your password is changed or reset.
How does a student cancel an Authorized Payor’s access?
Log in to MyRED. Select the blue “Pay Bill” link to go to the UNL E-Payment System welcome page. Click “Edit” next to the name in the Authorized Payors section. Where it asks “Should this person be allowed to log in?” click “No.” Click “OK” to save.
How does a parent or other user (who is set up as an Authorized Payor) change their password?
If they remember their password, log in to the UNL E-Payment System. Click “Change your password.” in the Account Details section and follow the instructions. Click Save to commit the change.
If they do not remember their password and answered a “secret question” when logged in previously, go to the UNL E-Payment System. Click “Forgot Password”. Enter either your Authorized Payor user id or email address and click Continue. Answer your “secret question” and click Submit.
If they did not create a “secret question” in the UNL E-Payment System, their student must reset the password for them.
PLEASE NOTE: Any saved ‘Payment Methods’ are not retained if your password is changed or reset.
I have multiple students at UNL. Can I link my Authorized Payor accounts so I don't have to login to each one when payment is due?
Yes, you can link the two accounts. Login to one of the Authorized Payor accounts. Then link to the other account by selecting "Add New" in the "Links to Other UNL and NCTA Students" box at the bottom left of the screen. For complete instructions go to: Link Multiple Authorized Payor Accounts
What if my student set me up as an Authorized Payor but I didn’t get an email?
Ways to research the problem:
- Did the email go to your “junk” mail? If so, make “firstname.lastname@example.org” a trusted or safe sender.
- Are you using a work email which may block our email? If so, have your student change the email address to a personal one.
- Have your student log in to MyRED. Click on the blue
“Pay Bill” link to go to the UNL E-Payment System. Click “Edit” next to the name in the Authorized Payors section:
- Verify the email address listed is correct. If not, correct it.
- Verify the guest is listed in the Authorized Payors section. If not, the guest is not setup as expected. Possibly there was an error such as the Authorized Payor name already existing in the UNL E-Payment System. A different name must be created if you get the message, “Authorize Payor already exists”.